I drew some of the most famous African American Civil Rights women. This set features portraits and signatures of the following activists:
* Josephine Baker, dancer (and French Resistance fighter!)
* Marian Anderson, opera singer
* Mamie Till-Mobley, mother of the murdered Emmett Till
* Rosa Parks, famous sitter 🙂
* Daisy Bates, organizer of the Little Rock school integration
* Septima Clark, educator and “Mother of the Civil Rights movement”
* Fannie Lou Hamer, voting and women’s rights’ activist
* Coretta Scott King, author and activist, and widow of Martin Luther King Jr.
I have also included a mini bookmark featuring the schoolgirls Ruby Bridges and Linda Brown.
This listing is for a set of 8 6″x1.5″ (and one mini) laminated paper bookmarks which are handmade with foil prints in black on blush pink cardstock. You may receive a different set to the one pictured in this listing.
Ships as lettermail from Toronto, Canada. They will be shipped with a protective recycled cardboard wrap to prevent bending. Insurance and tracking numbers are included with all US shipments and can be added to Canadian and some international shipments with a shipping upgrade.
Civil Rights women bookmarks / set of nine handmade African American portraits Black activists book mark Rosa Parks black blush pink